3904 NE Martin Luther King Jr. Blvd Portland, OR 97212. Phone: (503) 288-6950.
Cost: $12 cash per workshop, or you can purchase a coupon book good for five workshops for $50 at Rhythm Traders.
- Djembe Drum Explore (Beginners and Youth Welcome), 11:00 a.m. – Noon
- Djembe Drum Workshop, 12:30 p.m. – 1:30 p.m.
- Conga Drum Workshop, 1:45 p.m. – 2:45 p.m.
- Djembe Drum Explore (Beginners and experienced ), 5:30 p.m. – 6:30 p.m.
- Private lessons and private group workshops are also available. Go to the Contact Catón page to request more information!
No experience? No problem. Some experience? Great let’s share and learn. Rhythm Traders drums are provided* so get set for some good times! Come and learn some of the rhythms from the African Diaspora! In a fun and engaging format, accenting basic technique and polyrhythms used in playing the Djembe, Sangban, Kenkeni and Dununba drums. Studies will include popular West African traditional rhythms from Senegal, Gambia, Mali, Guinea, and Cote Ivoire.
Experienced Conga Workshop with Catón meets every other Wednesday of the month.
- Conga, experienced, 7 p.m. – 8 p.m.
This workshop is geared toward experienced students looking for a challenge and possible performance experience.
Contact me for locations and details.